Lest you think the glamour shot on the home page is how I usually look— just keepin’ it real. (Also, this is the first time I saw my book in the airport. I was traveling alone and accosted a stranger to take my picture, thinking she would be just as excited as I was to see MY BOOK! IN AN AIRPORT! She was not.)
If a fairy granted me a full twelve hours with which I could do anything in the world that I wanted to do— I would lie in my bed and read. Yes, I really am that uncool.
Here are some other (un)interesting facts about me:
- If I were an animal, I’d be a sloth.
- I’m a Gemini, so I might change my mind about the sloth thing in two minutes, two days, or NEVER. I like to keep people on their toes.
- I once went on a date with Jason Lewis (you may know him as Smith Jarrod from Sex and the City) and he kissed me. (OK, OK, I interviewed him for a magazine and he HAD to have lunch with me. And the kiss was on the cheek. But, you know, still.)
- I have entered every HGTV home sweepstakes since their inception. I have not won yet.
- My favorite book is Goodnight Moon, because it’s short, sweet and I have it memorized, but I have still performed the motherly duty of reading to my children before bed.
- I have four children. No, that is not a typo. Yes, I know how children are made. Well, now I do.
- I drink impressive amounts of alcohol. (See #6)
If there’s anything else you want to know about me, OR if you’d like to babysit my children, email me.